Recording: Strengthening Firefighter Wellness During Times of Crisis
Description: The fire service was a stressful and demanding profession before COVID-19; and despite the unprecedented challenges we now face, our nation’s heroes continue to perform heroically every day serving the greater good and protecting our communities. In this online forum, we’ll review and discuss resources, tools, and strategies for prioritizing firefighter wellness during this time of crisis, with a focus on mitigating the stress of working during the pandemic.
The materials provided in this recording are for general informational and educational purposes only. The materials are not intended to be and should not be considered legal advice or opinion. Please seek legal counsel before acting on the topics discussed. The materials are not intended to be and should not be considered a substitute for clinical diagnosis or professional medical advice or opinion. Please consult with your physician, therapist, or other qualified healthcare provider before acting on the topics discussed.
This recording provides QR code hyperlinks to a wide range of resources. These links include:
- Lexipol Coronavirus (COVID-19) Learning and Policy Center
- The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: rapid review of the evidence
- CDC Firefighter COVID-19 Guidance
- First Responders, COVID-19 and Stress: Tips for Finding Peace
- Supporting Your First Responder Family’s Mental Wellness During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Firefighter Family Academy Book
- Mindful Responder Book