Webinar: Firefighter Wellness During Crisis Events: Resources, Tools, and Strategies
To View the Recording of the Webinar, Tap Here.
The fire service was a stressful and demanding profession before COVID-19; and despite the unprecedented challenges we now face, our nation’s heroes continue to perform heroically every day serving the greater good and protecting our communities. In this online forum, we’ll review and discuss resources, tools, and strategies for prioritizing firefighter wellness during this time of crisis, with a focus on mitigating the stress and anxiety of working during the pandemic and the role of early detection and intervention of occupational health risks.
Here are the links to the resources listed in the recording:
- Life Scan Wellness Centers
- The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: rapid review of the evidence
- CDC Firefighter COVID-19 Guidance
- Lexipol Coronavirus (COVID-19) Learning and Policy Center
- First Responders, COVID-19 and Stress: Tips for Finding Peace
- Supporting Your First Responder Family’s Mental Wellness During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Firefighter Family Academy Book
- Free Stories from Audible
- Mindful Responder Book
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The recording can be viewed by clicking here.